Tuesday, April 28, 2009

London Bridge is...




My MIL is rather humorous. She reminded me not to sing "London Bridge is falling down" song while coaxing Isaac to sleep from 20-27 April. Reason being we will be housing 2 guests and they are from the UK! I had a good laugh and created a mental note for that. Uncle Jio & Aunty Mary came to see Isaac, how blessed. Jio is hubby's uncle (MIL's brother) and has been living in London since sliced bread. They have been going round the world for almost 3 months and Calgary is their last stop. We made them prawn mee and some Chinese home cooked food. In return they made us Roast Beef with Yorkshire pudding, scones, lemon cake and apple cake. Yummy I tell you! And with that they devirginised my oven. During the weekend we took them to Banff (where else?) and Drumheller, the land of dinosaurs. We had a great time! I was rather exhausted being the hostess. Had to wake early to prepare breakie and lunch and tea (yes! English really love tea with cake or scones) and dinner. Having said that, I enjoyed their company very much. Uncle Jio named Isaac "Mr Smiley". Needless to explain why. They have two kids our age (Rebecca & Jonathan). In the Bible Isaac's wife was Rebecca. That makes us in-laws! LOL. On their last day before they head for the airport, Aunty Mary surprised me with a thank you gift. It was the Camellia Corelle 16-piece set I had my eyes on the day before! These remarkable plates are chip and break resistant with a 3-year warranty. Rumour has it that they cost an arm and a leg back in Malaysia. Even so, I told myself to wait for sale as it is CAD51.99. An angel heard me. The angel is she. Oh how I love my plates! Not forgetting our dearest Aunty Mary of course! Can't wait for our next dinner party. I wanna use them, my best china todate. Right after they left, London Bridge is falling down song is heard again, loud and clear.

No comments:

Post a Comment