Yeah...mom was with me in the labour room. Shy-shy leh but comforted.. see all the sheets n blankets covering me? I was having slight fever which is not a good sign so they monitored me very closely. Dat's Soony looking fresh while I look like a fish out of water. Had epidural. Able to rest a bit while waiting for physician to break my water bag at 12.30pm.
After much struggle, here I am in the triage aka assestment room to check my dilation. 9am : 6cm dilated. And yes I qualify to stay and have my baby! Was wheeled to the delivery room for further preps. I even squeezed Dr Calvin's hand during one of the super-painful contractions. He told me I can squeezed him harder if I had to. Awww..isn't he sweet ?
IV needed bcos of epidural but only to realise after labour it didn't work. Either the needle was not inserted properly or I moved too vigorously during the pushing and gripping Soony's tee. Yeah dramatic really..
My best friend in the delivery room...GAS!!! It made me spacey and took away the pain temporarily. My threshold to abdominal pain is rather low...epidural is a MUST. The lady opposite my room (also in labour) let me have the epidural procedure before her after hearing my moans n screams which I think was unbearable to listen to. Did I sound like a buffalo about to be slaughtered ? Having said all these, I'm indeed very grateful to the lady and I wish her well :-)

No comments:
Post a Comment