On and off when I come across some new or positive experiences I reminded myself to blog about it. We have been here for 1 year 3 months. No doubt Calgary is deader than dead for me, I do have some nice things to say about this dead city.
1) You can find the following in every house, rented or not.
a) dishwasher
b) clothes dryer
c) washing machine
d) microwave
e) oven
2) We are encouraged to drink from the tap. It's reported to be better than bottled water.
3) Routine immunizations are FREE for all Canadian babies. Booster japs included.
4) Buses will stop to pick you if the driver sees you running towards or chasing after him.
5) Almost all retails outlets allow return/exchange without questions asked. Some even allow "deciding time" of 90days upon purchase. My friend actually returned a used lipstick because she didn't like the smell and got a different new one.
6) Coupons can be used even with promo or discount or clearance or final sale.
7) Some Chinese restaurants offer toddler utensils and bowl when they see your little one.
8) In most shopping malls, parking is FREE.
9) In most shopping malls, they have designated parking lots for :
a) handicapped
b) parents with young babies
c) expectant mummies
10) Summer newspaper subscription (Calgary Herald) for 3 months is CAD4.99 per month. That's cheaper than a bowl of noodles here.
I'll stop at 10 for now. Shall have Part 2 when I gather enough to share.

No comments:
Post a Comment