Monday, October 27, 2008

How Men Feel


I managed to steal some reading time after putting Isaac to bed with much struggle. I only read for 5mins and consider that a luxury. Phew. In that 5mins I read the following which to me is so interesting that it's worth revisiting.

Top Ten Things Your Husband Really Wants To Tell You (During A Scorekeeping Argument)
  1. "I really don't enjoy playing with the baby for more than ten minutes.
  2. "It's not fair that after a full day at the office, you expect me to hit the door at sixty miles per hour"
  3. "You can't have your cake and eat it, too. Being Super Provider and Super Dad isn't easy."
  4. "I just want a little free time without being made to feel guilty. I'll be a lot happier if you let me off the leash for a couple of hours on the weekend."
  5. "I'm not stopping you - it's not my fault you haven't been to the gym in three months."
  6. "Doing every last thing "as a couple" or "as a family" is emasculating."
  7. "Stop micromanaging my relationship with the kid."
  8. "Tell me what you want me to do! Make me a list and I will do it!
  9. "Why is it you see only the stuff I didn't do...what about everything I did do?
  10. "What happened to me old life? I feel trapped in the trenches of domesticity."

Does any of the above sound familiar to you? I wonder if every men thinks and feels the same. If yes then I would be comforted that all of us women/mom could use one common startegy to tackle this challenge. I am sure the women has their say as well. We'll have to wait for my next stolen reading time. Till then.

No comments:

Post a Comment