Friday, May 8, 2009

Mr Twiddle's fav, scones with butter



In my era (ahem), Enid Blyton story books were a hit. One of my all time favourite is Mr Twiddle's collection of silly stories. He is an old, stubborn and always end up in situations kinda folk. I remember very well he loved scones. It's very English. They like scones with butter or jam or heaps of fresh cream with a cup of Earl Grey tea, hence their afternoon tea. So when Aunt Mary, who is a British came, I took the opportunity to wanna learn to make scones from her. We made a slight improvisation to the shapes of the supposedly round scones. As you can see from the picture, it has a good mix of cute shapes. Uncle Jio didn't quite like the new scone look. He said it must be traditional. It must be round. So I made more rounds, just for him. Well, I can't say it was much of a success because my sifu forgot to add in sugar and milk. The texture was equivalent to cookies without a hint of sweetness. Just so Aunt Mary said "At least you get the hang of it. Try again with pancake mix which is much easier." Oh I will because I love scones. I will make my next batch well. I'm sorry Mr Twiddle, I will do better next time. Just wait and see!

No comments:

Post a Comment