Since the day I step foot in Calgary last year, my hair see no salon. One of the first tasks back in KL was to visit Shawn, our stylist. By that I mean, Isaac and me. Once in Dec 08 and another in Feb 09. Since then no more salon visits. So during this trip to Vancouver while we were checking out Robson Street (Orchard Rd kind), we saw tonnes of salons. And without a doubt I made appointment at Ark Salon, Japanese owned and operated. It felt too good to have a trim and head spa. I walked out with a bang. It shocked my hubby and MIL. Even Isaac stared at me for a while trying to register this fresh-looking lady who seems familiar. It was not cheap I must admit, I paid CAD70 for the do. The only concern both me and my Japanese stylist have is of my bang and trimmings in future. Sigh. One must be wondering why I didn't do my hair in Calgary. Simply because it's a known fact that Mat Sallehs have limited skills when it comes to Asian hair and the Chinese salons I find in Chinatown do not potray enough confidence for a try. And mind you they are not cheap at all. I love my bang. Should I use this a reason to visit Vancouver every 2 months?
Thursday, June 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment