See him hugging his "Beanie"? We had to bring her along. He has to smell her everytime he goes to bed. Beanie means Bini means wife. Simple eh. After being in the hotel industry for some donkey years, I have gathered enough "horror" stories to keep myself reminded about being a hotel guest. So this happened in Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego on our trip there last two weeks. Thanks to the "stories" I normally will make it a point not to put personal items on the bed. This time round was no exception. But we got back one evening to find that Beanie was gone! I immediately rang up customer service who then passed me to Housekeeping who then passed me to Laundry. Soon I would have to speak with the Security (thinking to myself). After explaining in details about Beanie, the lady promised to call me back once she did a check. Moments later ( what I mean is 30mins) she called and told me nothing was found. I was panicky yet abled to ask her to check the linen chute. The chambermaids usually like to wrap all the linen without checking what's underneath those sheets. So she agreed to do a check for me. Then she went on probing again.
Lady : So Madam, your item is made of wood? metal?
Me : *almost fainted*
I had to explain in more details what a bolster was. Funnily, another 30mins later, a man was at my door holding Beanie. He came, he returned, he left all in 1.5 mins. He didn't utter a single word.
We had a good laugh, hugging and smelling our Beanie!

No comments:
Post a Comment